Regional TNT (TNT @ TNU)
The Southeast Region NYI partners with Trevecca Nazarene University (TNU) for TNT @ TNU in promoting the mission From God for God – we have been given talents by God to be used for God.
First place winners from District TNT are eligible to compete at the regional level. If first place winner cannot compete, the second place winner is eligible. Students must have competed at their District event to be eligible for Regional competition.
Regional rules restrict participants to no more than three categories, including a maximum of one tournament style event. Display events (art, creative writing, video production) and participation in vocal choir are not counted toward this limitation.
The southeastern districts are divided into two divisions and compete for the Grand Trophy in their respective division.
Grand Trophy Point System
Points for determining the grand trophy are awarded as follows:
|Quizzing – A League||1000||750||500||200|
|Quizzing – B League||700||500||350||150|
|Quizzing –A League Individual||500||400||300||
|Quizzing – B League Individual||300||200||100||
4th – 0
5th – 0
|Team Sports||700||500||350||75 (per team participant)|
|Vocal Music Choir/Ensemble||500||300||200||100|
|All other Vocal Music||400||250||150||100|
|Math & Accounting||400||250||150||100|
~ Exhibition Events do not receive points for entry or placement.
~ If a district completes registration by the early registration deadline, an extra 1000 points are awarded.
~ Each participant selected to a TNT@TNU all-star team earns an additional 100 points for his or her district.
~ Each participant selected as an MVP at TNT@TNU earns an additional 200 points for his or her district.
A Grand Trophy is awarded to the district with the most total points in each division. The districts are divided into divisions as follows:
|Purple Division||White Division|
|Alabama North||Central Florida|
|Alabama South||East Tennessee|
|Southern Florida||North Carolina|
Previous Grand Trophy Winners
|Year||Purple Division||White Division|
|2000||South Carolina||East Tennessee|
|2001||Alabama North||North Carolina|
|2002||South Carolina||North Carolina|
|2003||South Carolina||North Carolina|
|2004||South Carolina||North Carolina|
|2005||South Carolina||North Carolina|
|2006||Alabama North||North Carolina|
|2009||South Carolina||East Tennessee|
• 2015 TNT @ TNU is April 9-11
• Registration forms – eligible students received info and registration forms at SC District Awards ceremony. Every student spectator and participant, every adult chaperone & spectator must submit a completed registration form by the Feb 9th deadline. All student forms must be notarized. There is a link below to download form.
• Total cost for this event is $300, with payment schedule as follows: $125 due Feb 5; $100 due March 2; $75 due March 23. No one will board bus until paid in full.
• Buses will leave from Columbia First Church of the Nazarene & Midland Valley Community Church of the Nazarene. Be sure to make selection on registration form.
• Remember to indicate your t-shirt size on registration form.